The Nu Solution
NuShield is a protective wound covering that retains key components
The amnion and chorion are multilayered tissues, with each layer contributing unique characteristics to the tissue as a whole.1 LayerLoc™ is a novel preservation method that not only retains the native amnion and chorion, but also leaves the spongy layer intact, locking in regulatory proteins.2,3
The unique preservation method retains all native layers
In vitro, preserving the amnion layer was demonstrated to retain an abundant source of growth factors/cytokines and ECM.3
Including the chorion layer results in a thicker graft, which may improve handling characteristics4
Composition of the spongy layer in NuShield
In an analytical study, the spongy layer in NuShield contained the following substances, growth factors, and matrix proteins3,4:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA)
- Transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-β1)
- Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra)
NuShield is intended to be used as a wound covering and barrier.
Please refer to the NuShield instructions for use for usage and safety information.
- Abshier S. Podiatry Today. 2015;28(11):20-26.
- Data on file. Description of BioLoc Process.
- McQuilling JP, et al. Int Wound J. 2019;16(3):827-840.
- Data on file. DR-0004. Organogenesis Inc.
- McQuilling JP, et al. Wounds. 2017;29(6):E38-E42.