The Nu Solution
NuShield® preserves key components to help create an environment for healing
The amnion and chorion are multilayered tissues, with each layer performing a specialized function that contributes unique characteristics to the tissue as a whole.1 LayerLoc™ is a novel preservation method that not only retains the native amnion and chorion, but also leaves the spongy layer intact, locking in regulatory proteins.2,3
The unique preservation method retains all native layers
In vitro, preserving the amnion layer was demonstrated to retain an abundant source of growth factors/cytokines and ECM.3
Including the chorion layer results in a thicker graft, which may improve handling characteristics4
The spongy layer supports healing
The spongy layer is a rich source of specific growth factors and proteins beneficial to the wound healing process.3-5
In an in vitro study, the spongy layer in NuShield contained the following substances, growth factors, and matrix proteins.3,4:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA)
- Transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-β1)
- Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1ra)
- Abshier S. Podiatry Today. 2015;28(11):20-26.
- Data on file. Description of BioLoc Process.
- McQuilling JP, et al. Int Wound J. 2019;16(3):827-840.
- Data on file. DR-0004. Organogenesis Inc.
- McQuilling JP, et al. Wounds. 2017;29(6):E38-E42.