The Nu Difference
Complete layers set NuShield® apart
NuShield is a shelf-stable, dehydrated placental allograft wound covering that undergoes a unique preservation method.
- NuShield retains all layers of the placental membrane, including the spongy layer1,2
The most complete dehydrated placental allograft wound covering
NuShield is an effective choice as a natural dehydrated placental allograft wound covering for a variety of partial- and full-thickness acute and chronic wounds, with a unique preservation method that analytical testing has shown retains1,3:
All the native amnion and chorion layers with the spongy layer intact, unlike many placental allografts on the market2
Numerous growth factors and cytokines.2,4
Following processing, analytical testing verified that 640 identified components such as structural proteins, growth factors, and cytokines were retained.4
NuShield is intended to be used as a wound covering and barrier.
Please refer to the NuShield instructions for use for usage and safety information.
- Data on file. Description of BioLoc Process.
- McQuilling JP, et al. Int Wound J. 2019;16(3):827-840.
- Allograft Tissue Information and NuShield® Instructions for Use. Canton, MA: Organogenesis Inc; 2020.
- McQuilling JP, et al. Wound Repair Regen. 2019;27(6):609-621.